How to Telephone the Office
We make every effort to return calls in a timely manner and ask that the caller be understanding of our busy schedule. You can help us better prepare for a return call to you by providing the following:
- Call (843) 667-6710 during regular office hours.
- Make the call yourself if at all possible. Relaying the message through a third party may result in misleading information.
- State your name and telephone number
- Your child’s name and date of birth
- Brief description of your child’s problem. Be sure to state if the child was seen recently for the condition.
- Current medications he/she is taking (if applicable)
- Name of your Pharmacy
- In addition, please remember to turn off the “block call” feature on your phone so our return call can be placed successfully.
Have a pencil and paper ready when called. Do not rely on remembering instructions – especially when you may be upset.
Many problems can be handled by phone without the necessity of an office visit. If you have an emergency, please alert the operator and someone will be notified immediately. We have a nurse on duty during “regular office hours” to answer parents’ questions. When necessary, the nurse will consult with one of the doctors. When the office is closed, calls should be limited to urgent problems that cannot reasonably await “regular office hours.”
Emergency After-Hours Telephone Calls
Please call our office number (843) 667-6710 any time after hours or on the weekend to connect to our answering service. The answering service will ask for your name and number and will then contact the physician on call. If you feel you have an emergency please let the answering service know right away. Usually most situations that arise after hours are not dire emergencies and can be handled in a less urgent yet timely fashion so please carefully consider if your situation is an emergency. Also remember that the answering service personnel are not medically trained and will not answer any clinical questions directly.
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – until 5:00 p.m. (Closed for lunch 12:00 to 1:30)
- Weekend – (Sat-Sun) Physician On Call 24 hours for Urgent Care only
1530 McClure Court • Florence, SC 29505
Phone: (843) 667-6710 (Florence)
105 Industrial Way • Darlington, SC 29532
Phone: (843) 395-0015 (Darlington)